If you are searching online for “cooling tower maintenance checklist,” then this post is for you! A well-maintained cooling tower will continue to operate as efficiently as possible, making routine maintenance checks essential.
- Inspect The Unit: Jot down notes on anything that looks and sounds unusual with the cooling tower. This will later serve as guideline for how to fix any potential issues.
- Disconnect Motor Switches: This is purely to ensure your safety while inspecting the tower. Of course, follow the recommended lock out procedures before attempting to perform any hands-on tasks.
- Inspect The Strainers: Clean any debris from the strainers, if possible. This will help guard against any unwanted materials entering the system.
- Inspect The Water Distribution System: Check the system for any dry areas over the fill coil section. Check the nozzles for either cracks or clogs if the surface is not completely wet.
- Flush Out Debris And Dirt: You can do this through the tower drain or sump strainer from the cold water basin. The goal here is to prevent dirt buildup.
- Check The Water Supply: First locate the predetermined water level by inspecting the makeup water supply. This is done to conserve water over time.
- Adjust The Bleed Rate: Make sure you know the local water quality regulations in your area ahead of time. Adjusting the bleed rate will block the accumulation of solid matter within the tower.
- Fix Tension Problems: The belt drive system can only function at the highest level when any tension issues have been resolved.
- Check Oil Quality: Follow the manufacturer’s advice by checking oil quality, level and shaft alignment for the gear drive system.
- Lubricate Bearings Of The Fan Shafts: This is done to guarantee proper operation. Do this task once every three months.
Cooling Tower Issues
Neglecting a cooling tower without proper maintenance checks will cause an unwanted rise in water temperature. This means the cost of energy will also increase at the same time. By simply following this maintenance checklist above, you could save up to 15% on electricity costs, while also conserving water.
Universal Tower Parts In Phoenix, AZ
Universal Tower Parts provides stainless steel and galvanized options, welded and gasketed, direct, gear reducer and belt drive units, with efficient Jedair fans, and Jedair low noise fans. Strainers, fan guards and louvers are well constructed, and designed to operate efficiently as they perform their function. Cool Core drift eliminators and fill are made by Universal Tower Parts expressly for our towers.