ONLY THE BESTS COOLING TOWER PERFORMANCE PARTS GUARANTEED!
COOLING TOWER SHOCK & VIBRATION ENGINE SWITCHES | UNIVERSAL TOWER PARTS
If you are searching “what is a cooling tower vibration switch?“, Universal Tower Parts can help! When you are ready to purchase cooling tower vibration switches or cooling tower engine switches, call Universal Tower Parts today at 602-997-0403 for more information.
WHAT IS A COOLING TOWER VIBRATION SWITCH?
A vibration switch detects shock and vibrations inside your cooling tower and essentially shuts the tower down or sends out an alarm if they reach a pre-set level. This is probably the most important and inexpensive component you can make in your tower. The vibration switch is constantly monitoring the cooling tower to insure there are no excessive vibrations coming from it. Cooling towers use fans that are installed at the top or bottom of the tower. These fans need to spin at an optimal rate to insure the cooling tower is doing its job and dissipating heat. As the fan spins, over time centrifugal force causes the fan to warp. Utilizing vibration switches can prevent this from happening.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COOLING TOWER VIBRATION SWITCHES
THERE ARE TWO MAIN TYPES OF VIBRATION SWITCHES, MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL. READ BELOW FOR A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF BOTH OF THEM!
VS2, VS2C & VS2EX SHOCK AND VIBRATION SWITCHES
The UTP VS2 Series switches are mechanisms that are shock sensitive for shutdown of electric motor powered equipment or engines. These switches use a magnetic latch to ensure reliable operation. The VS2 and VS2C are designed for use in non-hazardous locations. They have leaf type SPDT, double make contacts that can be used for shutdown and/or alarm. They also have a slotted sensitivity adjustment located on the side of the case!
COOLING TOWER SHOCK & VIBRATION SWITCHES
DESIGNED TO DETECT VIBRATION/SHOCK IN 3-PLANES OF MOTION, FULLY ADJUSTABLE, MAGNETIC LATCHING FEATURE INCLUDED, & INCLUDES ELECTRIC OR MANUAL RESET!
VS2 SERIES SWITCH
- Case: Environmental Protection: Ingress protected to IP54 (when mounted on a horizontal surface with drain holes down). Suitable for non-hazardous areas. VS2C: C-clamp mount, includes 45 ft. (13.7 m) 2-conductor cable, and 5 cable clamps
- Contacts: SPDT-double make leaf contacts, 3A @ 240 VAC; 10A @120 VAC; 10A @ 32 VDC
- Shipping Weight: VS2: 2 lb 8 oz. (1.1 kg) VS2C: 7 lb (3.2 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: VS2: 8-1/4 x 9-1/4 x 5 in. (210 x 235 x 127 mm) VS2C: 12 x 7 x 5-1/2 in. (305 x 178 x 140 mm)
VS2EX SERIES SWITCH
- Case: Base mount, explosion-proof aluminum alloy housing; meets IP54 specifications; Class I, Division 1, Groups C & D; UL and CSA listed
- Certification: CSA, UL Snap-switches: 2-SPDT
- Snap-switches; 5A @ 480 VAC;* 2A resistive, 1A inductive, up to 30 VDC Normal Operating Temperature: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- Shipping Weight: 4 lb 8 oz. (2 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 8-1/4 x 9-1/4 x 5 in. (210 x 235 x 127 mm)
UTP VS2EX Series switches are mechanisms that are shock sensitive for shutdown of electric motor powered equipment or engines. These switches use a magnetic latch to ensure reliable operation. Model VS2EX is housed in a threaded cover with an explosion-proof enclosure. This enclosure is UL and CSA listed for Class I, Division 1, Groups C & D hazardous locations. In place of the leaf type contacts, 2-SPDT snap-switches are used in this model. Sensitivity is externally adjustable and, when tripped, the VS2EX gives a TATTLTALE® indication on the reset button. It is constructed to meet IP54 specifications.
IDEAL FOR USE ON ENGINES, PUMPS, COMPRESSORS, HEAT EXCHANGERS AND PUMPING UNITS – THE VS2 SERIES SWITCHES CAN BE USED ANYWHERE FOR SHUTDOWN PROTECTION FROM DAMAGING SHOCK / VIBRATION IS DESIRED. SWITCHES ARE FIELD ADJUSTABLE TO SENSITIVITY REQUIRED IN EACH APPLICATION.
VIBRATION SWITCHES BY UNIVERSAL TOWER PARTS PHOENIX
Our Vibration Switches meets or exceeds standards set by the Cooling Technology Institute (CTI). Would you like a free quote or are you interested in learning more? Contact us today at 602-997-0403 in Phoenix to learn more about Vibration Switches.